Highlights of Turkey Tour Itinerary:
Day 1 ISTANBUL
St.Sophia, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, St. Irene and St. Chora Museum. Overnight in Istanbul. (B), (L),
Day 2 PERGAMUM – THYATIRA – IZMIR
Depart to Pergamum, visit to Asclepion, the ancient hospital, the Acropolis, the Church at the site of Serapium (7C) and the Red Court dedicated to St. John. Then visit Akhisar, the site of ancient Thyatira (7C). Overnight in Izmir. (B), (L),
Day 3 SARDES – PHILADELPHIA – IZMIR (SMYRNA)
Visit Sardes, the capital city of the ancient Kingdom of Lydia, visit the Church built on the foundations of the Temple of Artemis (7C). Continue to Alasehir, ancient Philadelphia (7C). Return to Izmir, visit St.Policarp Church (7C). Overnight in Kusadasi. (B), (L),
Day 4 EPHESUS – KUSADASI
After breakfast at hotel See the final abode of the Virgin Mary where she spent her last years. Tour through ancient Ephesus to see the theatre where St. Paul preached (Acts 10), the Library of Celsus and other sights including Terrace Houses. Then visit the Church of St. John and his Tomb in Selcuk. Overnight in Kusadasi. (B), (L).
Day 5 PRIENE – MILETOS – DIDYMA – KUSADASI
Depart for Priene. This was once a harbour city but is now located 16 km inland from the sea on the hills of the Mykale Mountain. It has many examples of Hellenic art and architecture.After Priene, you will depart for Miletus. Visit the ancient city of Miletuswhich once was one of the biggest cities in Anatolia. It was located on the trade routes and it was for this reason that it became very prosperous and had many colonies. Lunch break after Miletus and then visit to Didyma. This was not a city but a temple dedicated to Apollon. It was once one of the biggest temples in the Hellenic World. It was connected to Miletus with a holy road of 19km. Overnight in Kusadasi. (B), (L).
Day 5 PAMUKKALE – HIERAPOLIS
Complete the tour of Hierapolis, see the wonderful formation of stalactites in Pamukkale (Cotton Castle), the Roman Bath which later became a church. Overnight in Pamukkale. (B), (L),
Day 6 APHRODISIAS – LAODICEA – PAMUKKALE
Visit Aphrodisias, then visit Laodicea, one of the Seven Churches of the Revelation (7C) overnight in Pamukkale. (B), (L),
Day 7 PISIDIAN ANTIOCH – ICONIUM – CAPPADOCIA
Visit Pisidian Antioch, Konya (Iconium), the Mevlana Mosque and Mouseleum, proceed to Cappadocia for overnight in Cappadocia. (B), (L),
Day 8 CAPPADOCIA
Visit Goreme, Zelve Valley, Underground City. Overnight in Cappadocia. (B), (L),
Day 9 ISTANBUL
If you would prefer we can make your transfer to Istanbul airport for departure on that day. The day at leisure. Overnight in Istanbul. (B), (L),
(B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
Highlights of Turkey tour takes approximately 8 nights – 9 days. As it is your private tour, duration of the tour depends on your interest. Your time frame will be organized by your guide as you wish.
- Professional Licensed English Speaking Guide throughout the tour,
- 8 night accommodation in 3-4 stars Hotel, in Standart rooms.
- Breakfast (B) and Lunch (L) as mentioned per itinerary.
- All Transportations with Air Conditioned non-smoking vehichle.
- All Entrance and parking fees.
- Gift bag and Guide book for Highlights of Turkiye.
- All taxes and VAT.
- Dinner (D), Any item of Personal expense such as beverages served at meals, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Passport and Visa Costs.
- Airport Taxes.
- Any items not mentioned in above-mentioned itinerary.
- Domestic Flight Tickets.
- International Flight tickets.
- Tips for Guide and Driver.
Private Tour prices varies depending on number of adults, number of individual attractions to be visited and pick up / departure location. Please get your “price quote” before booking.
For Children, those younger than 4 year old are free of charge, between 5 and 9 year old are charged with the half price, children beginning from 10 year/old are charged with the adult price. Therefore, please inform us about the children’s ages.
Children need to have ID card or Passport for visiting Ephesus ruins.
- Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.5 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces in ruins.
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you have a lot of water and use suitable sunscream while on the tour.